Friday, November 16, 2007

Hoop shoot

Kenyon won the hoop shoot contest at his school and had to compete in Ogden on Weds night against about 15 other 10-11 year old boys. Well can I just say how proud I am of him. Talk about pressure. You have to get up there in front of all the other boys and not to mention a gym full of parents. It is dead quiet, your not even suppose to take pictures ( I did sneak a couple). Each boy gets 25 shots. The boy that does the best goes on to the next level.
I don't think Kenyon was prepared for how good most of these boys are. The boy that won made 21 out of 25 shots!! He did practiced after school quite a bit but man it's as much a mental thing as it is physical. Kenyon didn't place but he was glad he got to go and experience it. I am so proud of him for breaking out of his comfort zone and trying something new.



3 comments:

Angie said...

Congratulations Kenyon!!

Candice said...

Way to go Kenyon! Wish we were there to watch you! You're awesome at everything you do!! Love you all!

The Morris Family said...

Well, I thought I better check in. Sounds like Kenyon did great that is awesome! I hope you enjoyed your anniversary and got in so,e relaxation! I need a spa getaway, but that will probably be a long time away for me! Check out my new posts! You better comment, so I know that someone is looking at it!!