Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How do you do birthdays?

Well @ our house you party for a couple of days. This is what we did for Jon's birthday on the 28th. He had worked graveyard for 5 nights before Sunday and graveyard in this house = little sleep. I woke him up after 4 hours of sleep and we headed off to Layton to meet his mom for lunch @ Red Lobster.



On Monday it was Nucor Day @ Lagoon. Every year Nucor takes us. I was a bit worried we would not be going this year cuz of the economy but to my surprise they took us. It is the best thing ever. They pay for EVERYTHING including tickets, parking, food and even ice cream for your entire family. It rules!! Honestly I don't know how people can afford to take their families there. $42 just to get into the place... Ridiculous!
The kids had a great time as always. We took Klaire half day and she loved it. My mom is awesome and came and got her @ 3:00!! This way we were able to go on the fun rides with Kamberlyn. We hardly saw Kenyon all day. He took a couple of friends with and they roamed the park.




***FYI... Nucor has a drawing for lots of money and a cruise every year. Jon has never won in the 12 years he has worked there. We always joke that they don't put his name in. WELL this year he actually won $100. Then after you can play bingo for more money. Jon won twice..$30 the first time and $20 the second. I guess he had some luck. Maybe he was giving off the birthday vibes!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Jon.
I heard Triston tell his dad that he wanted to practice baseball with the boys.

Sylv said...

Glad you had fun at Lagoon and it was a bonus to actually win some money. Good for you! Thanks again for letting me take Kamberlyn, we had so much fun. She is such an easy child and we laughed our heads off. And thanks for lunch on Sunday. Kiss my kids for me (oh and my son too). Love you all, Mom Sylv

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONNY BOY!!!
:)
sounds like a fun day!

graveyards.....ug!

Candice said...

Sounds fun! Hope you had a Happy Birthday Bud!