Monday, June 1, 2009

Hope of America



Today was the awards assembly @ the kids school. I got a phone call from the principal last Friday saying Kenyon was getting one of the four top 5th grade awards. Kenyon had no idea about it. The Hope of America award is the top award. The teachers and Kiwanis club vote on it. They give it to one boy and one girl each year. It is given to someone who is an all around good student. This year Kenyon was awarded it. I am so extremely proud of him. He is a great student and an all around amazing kid. Graduations to a fantastic young man. I know this is just the beginning of many good things to come from him.

Elise Dotty was the girl that received it.

Kenyon's friend Nate Dahle won the outstanding boy award.

This is his best friend Triston. He missed a swimming party to come and support Kenyon! We love you T!!
Kamberlyn also received an award. Each year every 3rd and 5th grader takes a Iowa test. This is a national test. She scored in the top 10% in social studies. Kenyon also got it in Math. (This is in the whole nation, so its a pretty big thing!)


I am so proud of my kids. They are both great students and always strive to do their best.

**Side note a couple of months ago Kenyon asked me if I would give him $100 if he gets one of the top 5th grade awards. I laughed and told him I would if he got the Hope of America. Guess Kenyon is $100 richer!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so Great!!!!!!
What a wonderful thing for Kenyon. He is a great kid. He deserves it!!!

Candice said...

Good Job Kenyon and Kamberlyn! We love you!

sharon said...

I am SOOOOO proud of Kenyon and Kamberlyn and I love you both.
I cry every time I look at all the pictures because i am so very blessed to have this family in my life. Jon and Alisha you are fantastic parents and I love you! xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Sylv said...

This is a great award Kenyon. I told you on the phone how proud I am of you. And Kamberlyn you are awesome and always have been. Such a beauty and a sweetheart besides. I love you both. Way to go Rowley kids.